You are here
Weekly estimate of total CO2 emissions by power sector and country
Gain insight into fuel competition beyond power and fuel spot price spreads
Genscape’s European emissions report is designed to provide deeper insight into the fuel mix used by the continent’s power sector. Based on direct observations of power generation at nuclear, coal, gas, wind and hydro power plants, the Genscape model produces a weekly estimate of total generation by source and country. This data is then used to estimate total CO2 emissions by the power sector in each country.
Traders and analysts have come to rely on this data as a source of insight into fuel competition beyond simplistic power and fuel spot price spreads. In addition to the country-level data, Genscape also publishes plant emissions of carbon dioxide based on measured generation and the plant’s engineering characteristics. The plants are grouped by company and country, which allows users to track total volumes by emitter.
The weekly report includes:
- Total emissions by country
- Year-to-date emissions versus allocation by country
- Generation in GWh and fuel type used for the week, previous week, previous year, year-to-date, and year-to-date change
- Generation by fuel type (coal, nuclear, thermal, hydro, wind, gas, oil) for each country, comparing the current year to the previous year
- CO2 emissions by parent and plant
- CSV files with granular data